How do I use the Chord-o-matic?
This is a tool to help you format songs in the Ukulele Wednesdays House Style. Just type your song into the page, and a few things will happen:
It's also got a few more advanced, and highly experimental features:
- The title will automatically be formatted differently
- Chords surrounded by brackets, eg. (G), will become bold, and a handy chord chart will appear at the bottom.
- Instructions surrounded by square brackes, eg. [single strum] will become bold too.
- Remember: this is very rough at the edges. Copy-paste somewhere else early and often, and please report bugs that annoy you on Github.
Good luck and have fun tabbing!
- A common format for tabbing up songs has the chords written on alternating lines, above the lyrics. If you already tabbed up a song like that, this will let you switch the the Uke Wednesdays format. Tick the auto-convert box, Paste without formatting for best results (Ctrl + Shift + V), and cross your fingers!
- To transpose your song, hit the Up and Down buttons in the transposition section. I don't have all possible chords yet, so some keys will work much better than others.